Lilypie

Sunday, August 24, 2008

St James Power Station

Finally, I had a chance to go to this popular nightspot after telling myself to go there for the longest time! One of my colleagues (ex-colleague actually) from another department recently left the company so I was asked to go along for the farewell party.

So who said I have no friends in the company? It just so happens my friends are from other departments and the other building. Whereas those in the same office .... oh well, there will always be people one has no affinity with.

We went to the Boiler Room. When I first stepped in, my first impression was that whoever who thought up this concept is pretty smart indeed, to convert an old power station into a hot nightspot, consisting of a few individual rooms playing different kinds of music drawing different crowds and age ranges.

Since there were only a few of us, we huddled around a table, enjoying retro live music, drinking bourbon. I drank a glass of Johnnie Walker Black Label with some green tea, but due to the alcohol, flashing lights and loud music, I felt so high that I had to keep downing coke, water and green tea in order to dilute the alcohol in my body!

It had been so long since I last clubbed, that I was surprised I could still get into the groove and gyrate to the music. Perhaps it was because I was high, or perhaps because the music was really catchy, but I started shaking and swaying and dancing with my colleagues. I cannot believe I could still do that, especially for a non-clubber (almost!) like myself! I stayed until past midnight when I hitched a ride back from my colleague.

Needless to say, I conked out the moment my head touched my pillow, and slept so soundly. Somehow I still woke up with a slight hangover this morning. I did not even feel the after effects despite getting high on sake a month back. I really must find out what it is I can drink and what it is I cannot! Still, it had been one fun experience, and I never had such fun for a very long time!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...