Lilypie

Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Bad Hangover!

This must be the worst hangover ever! I woke up with a throbbing headache, churning stomach and a dry throat. Within two hours, I have vomitted once, and gone to the bathroom four times to get rid of the stuff in my churning stomach. Luckily my mum is out, I will have no end of it if she finds out about this!

Last night started off as a good night. Four of us went to Aston's Prime for dinner. We have heard raving reviews about the place, so decided to check it out, since three of us are staying near the area where the restaurant is located. All of us ordered steak - two tenderloins, one ribeye and one striploin.

The main course comes with two servings of side, which we could choose from the list. The food is good, and there is no service charge nor tax, just a flat rate! Very good value for money! After that, we went down to Zirca where my friend left behind the half bottle of McClellan whisky the last time we were there, so we decided to go and finish the bottle as it could only be held for a month.

I did not feel this way the last time I drank whisky. And that was after the Revel event, where I drank orange vodka, bourbon coke and sake before that. Even though I drank a glass of whisky downed with lots of coke and green tea, I was still sober.

Last night, I drank lots of water at the restaurant before going to the club. Then I drank one glass of whisky downed with lots of green tea. After that, another glass of whisky with sparkling water. Then I downed it with lots and lots of green tea again. Then the bartender poured us the remaining whisky, so I drank another half a glass of whisky with sparkling water. At the same time, we ate lots of Calbee prawn crackers too!

I knew I was getting high, so I barely touched the last glass of sparkling whisky water. The place was crowded last night and filled with loud booming music. I could smell smoke on some of the people. Maybe that was what did it - liquor, loud music and smoke. A very lethal combination for me!

By the time we left, I could barely walk and had to sit down on the pavement. So my girl friend had to hold on to me and we then walked to Coffee Club for some hot drinks to sober up. I ordered Earl Grey tea, not one of the better ones I had tasted, but perhaps my taste buds are already full of liquor so could not taste much tea.

Despite the tea, I still did not feel well. My friends could tell as I was kind of leaning against the sofa seat and keeping so quiet, not the usual chatterbox. Finally we left and my guy friend and I then hitched a cab back together.

I crashed into bed almost immediately. Despite being totally comatose, I woke up with all the symptoms! I need to start training my alcohol intake so I will not make a fool of myself again! There are still bottles of wine leftover from New Zealand, so I may just drink a glass or so every night until my alcohol intake improves!

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Sometimes it is not just a matter of tolerance. It could be due to the type of alcohol also.

I have known people who can drink bottles of Beer with little ill effect, but can't even handle one glass of hard liquor.

juphelia said...

There may be something in what you said - I notice when I partake red and white wines, nothing happen. Only when I start taking hard liquor or cocktails that something happen. Maybe just have to trial and error to see what I can and cannot take!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...