Lilypie

Friday, March 20, 2009

Transportable Program

I attended a lunch time talk today organized by my company, on Transportable Insurance Coverage. The talk is a short overview of what coverage the company offers, especially if we are to leave our current company. In other words, where the company’s insurance coverage only applies when we are still employees, this coverage will cover us even if we are to leave the employment, and carried over to the next place of employment.

This is a good idea! Instead of having to go under the coverage of a totally new policy altogether, we can carry over our existing policy at corporate rates! The coverage looks pretty attractive too! Although I have a feeling it benefits more for families, like coverage for myself and my spouse, my children, parents and in-laws. Somehow it does not talk so much on coverage as a single person and for your parents. Hmmm…

It is good that everyone is pro-family nowadays, but singles like me are feeling more and more left out. Does it mean to say we are not entitled to the same priviledge? And it is not as if I am single by choice, I just have not found anyone suitable enough (and vice versa) to have a family with.

But I must say, the representatives giving the talk is really customer oriented! The talk is free for the staff (whoever who signed up at any rate), and a small buffet lunch consisting of rice, vegetables and meat (a balanced diet!) is also offered. So we ate and listened at the same time. Around the end of the talk, the guy in a suit and tie went around to everyone, helping them clear their plates and drinks. Now, this is good service!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...