Lilypie

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Packing For Beach

Packing for a beach resort is not as easy as one thinks. The temptation is to just throw in anything that is sleeveless, any swim suit and wrap. But the trouble is coordinating the outfit. Alright, I know no one is probably going to look at me, but it is a personal thing. I will never be caught dead wearing something totally mismatching.

What did I pack for Bintan all those years ago? I was younger than, barely out of my teens, so wore clothes which kids of those times wore. I remember wearing a jumper with a black T-shirt on the boat ride there. Then I changed into my new (then) olive bikini, and a grey tank top with a short sarong wrap skirt over it, complete with thongs.

The next morning, we spent a day at the beach. I wore the same bikini with a blue sarong wrapped over it. My ex bought me that sarong at a night bazaar near his home the eve of our departure. He has pretty good taste too.

Of all the guys I have been with, he was the only one I actually trust to buy clothes and jewellery for me, because our tastes were pretty similar. The others had tried, but I would much rather buy my own as I would grimace at the things they bought for me! I do not mean to sound ungrateful, but I really do not like what they got for me! Still, I accepted and kept them as it was the thought that counted.

Anyway, after the beach in the morning, we went to the spa in the evening. Then we went back to the resort to shower before going for a night out. I wore the same blue sarong skirt, matched with a white halter top.

The next day, we took a trip to the golf course. It was our last day in Bintan, and we were due back on the afternoon ferry, so I wore a green batik print sundress with a white T-shirt. The effect must have been good, as I look good in the pictures. But then again, at that age, anyone looks good! :-(

It has been so many years now. I am already way out of my tweens, teens and adulthood. I cannot possibly wear the same kind of clothes I used to wear when I was that age. It simply does not work. What looks good on me ten years back will look weird on me now. Nevertheless, there are still some things I can carry off.

For instance, I am sure not going to wear a bikini so exposed anymore, at least not this time. I did not have a slight tummy bulge then, but now….. So I have to resort to a tankini. Even then, my flabby thighs and bum will protrude. Oh well….

Perhaps I just need to pack in a long flowing skirt that can double up as a tube dress too, and also another sarong. It is only a weekend getaway, I do not need to drag a whole cabin bag along, maybe just a backpack will do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...