Lilypie

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Logistics Of Concert Attendance

I am still looking to pass my Good Friday Cats ticket to whoever who is interested. Having said that, I managed to get a ticket to the Distant Worlds Asian Premiere. Tickets are mostly sold out already, so I am very lucky to be able to still get one! The price of the tickets is pretty reasonable considering the popularity of the game series, and the way the tickets are being grabbed!

I have also managed to get another ticket to Cats, as well as “Much Ado About Nothing” for Shakespeare In The Park! This time round, I am pretty sure I am able to make it, and I must make it, no matter what happens! No way am I going to throw my money this way again! A pity I am not able to make it for "Importance of Being Earnest" though.


Another upcoming concert that I plan to catch is the Rainforest World Festival. I have wanted to go for quite some time, but somehow never did get the time or chance. This time I should go and see how it is like. Imagine tribal music, folklore music, all in the enclosure of a Cultural Village!

Only thing is I must fly to Sarawak for this, but that is not a problem. Tickets are dirt cheap on budget airlines, and I am thinking of flying Air Asia, since it is the cheapest and the timing is good too. At least I need not take an additional day off, unlike Tiger Airways! A three-day pass is pretty reasonable as well, much cheaper than a mere two-hour concert!

Only thing is I need to source for accommodation, cheap accommodation to be exact. What can I say? I am an official “cheapskate” in the interim so as to be able to blow a bit more in Africa. I tried sourcing online, but all the hotels stated are Hilton, or Four Seasons or Holiday Inn. Well, if I can afford Hilton or Four Seasons or Holiday Inn, I will have booked any of them directly!

Cheap accommodation is not easy. I do not wish to go through what I went through in New Zealand and Tokyo – having a bunk for a bed, and sharing the bathroom and washroom with so many strangers! However, if I need an attached bathroom, then the price will not be what I desire.

Still, I continued searching, and finally found the Tune Hotel chain. The price is unbelievable! I did a search at the room, and found that there is ensuite bathroom and shower facilities, with toiletries provided. In short, every bit of necessity as required of a hotel room!

The only catch is that there is no air-conditioning. Or rather, air-conditioning can be supplied at an extra cost. No big deal for me. I can live without air-conditioning. In any case, the ceiling fan can be used with no extra charges. A pretty good deal if you ask me! Thus if I do make up my mind to go, I need to start booking early!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...