Lilypie

Thursday, March 5, 2009

In A Fix ....

All those advise and talk about future planning are all nonsense! One cannot plan too far ahead, because you seriously will not know what will happen to you the next day. If I am to plot what I will become / do / achieve in the next ten years, who knows I may just fall down my stairs, knock my head and die the next day.

Okay, this is being rather morbid, but has anyone ever planned for something to do in the near future only to regret because it turns out that circumstances happened which you may not get to do it in the end? Just like I bought the ticket for the Cats musical on opening night - 10 April, long before we decided to take a trip to Phuket.

Now I am not able to go for the musical anymore because of the trip. I should have realised it earlier, but when we were planning the trip, I did not realise the musical happened to fall on the same day as I thought the opening night was on the 8! Which means I could still go for the musical then go on the trip!

However, a random check on the ticket shows 10 April, and now I am unable to go, and unable to get rid of the ticket. As most know, in general, the locals here are not really arts savvy. Those who are keen to go would have already gotten their tickets, and those who are not keen to go, would never go even if the ticket is free! Sad, but true!

So now I have to forgo this and try to buy another day and time. What a waste! Not to mention a few upcoming concerts that I am rather interested in catching - Distant Worlds, the music from Final Fantasy (the game series has one of the most beautiful and haunting music ever), and "Much Ado About Nothing"! How can I miss that especially when there is a character with the exact same name in it? Not to mention the dance version of Cinderella tomorrow!

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Heh, I am a fan of Final Fantasy. Still playing even. While the songs are good, many of the newer ones kind of lack the oomph compared to those that were composed by Nobuo Uematsu.

Distand Worlds is the work of a master game musician. Would have been worty of a ticket price even for a stingy person like me.

juphelia said...

Surprisingly the ticket price is not that expensive. Initially I thought it was going to be high up in the hundreds, but I bought mine for just S$20. In any case, that's the only price range left as most of the tickets have been sold out, so I'll be sitting right on top. Even the best seats probably cost less than a hundred even. Pretty worth it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...