Lilypie

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Book Ends!

Last week, I ordered a book online. A few days ago, I received a mailer stating that the book has arrived, asking me to collect the next day. The following day, I went to the stipulated bookshop, only to be told that the book has not yet arrived, and that they would call me once the book is in.

When I was about to leave the bookshop, I chanced upon the same book. So I took the book and went to the counter, asking if I could just take the book instead, then when the book I ordered arrive, they could just replace it, so I did not have to make another trip down.

However, the sales assistant said no, because the stock number of the book on display is different from the book I ordered, as the latter will be despatched directly from the warehouse. I was disappointed of course, but what else can I do about it except making a wasted trip?

Luckily the shop called me the next day and told me the book had arrived. So I went down again and this time, managed to get the book I ordered. It was gift-wrapped in very nice paper too! I must say, despite their rigidity and inflexibility, the service is pretty good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...