Lilypie

Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Living Testimony ....

It is a funny thing that just when I was leaving, suddenly so many problems cropped up. It makes me more adamant that my decision to move is right! I was still having mixed feelings, but after what happened the past couple of weeks (or more), I am more determined in my decision. I have not officially resigned though, since I only received the appointment letter from the other company two days ago, and I have yet to read through everything.

After the lesson learnt in a previous stint, I now scrutinize the appointment letter thoroughly, to ensure everything is in black and white and no loopholes or grey areas whatsoever! I probably care less now about the work I have and the problems I am facing, with some of the more “peculiar” people around.

Still, even if I am leaving, I rather leave in a good state rather than a bad state. I still need referees for future employment, just in case! If I am to leave with a “bang”, then all chances of reference will be gone, and this is a good company on my resume where prospective employers are concerned. Although the new company I am going to will be even bigger, but not many have actually heard of it, whereas my current company is more popular in name.

Somehow an analogy came to my mind. I have made comparisons of finding a job as finding a life partner. The process is rather similar. The only difference is a job is just a job, whereas a life partner, a family, is there for life. So if you are unhappy in your job, you can still change and find a better suited one, whereas for a life partner, once you made the choice, you just have to stick with it and make things work.

This new opportunity came at a very good time. I had been contemplating leaving since January last year, but for some reason I stuck on. I really have to thank God for it, because He showed me the signs :

1. When I wanted to leave in January last year, I was really lost and unhappy and went for a Novena session. A few days later, my previous boss spoke to me and persuaded me to stay on. How would he know? He is not a Christian and I have not indicated to anyone that I was thinking of leaving. The only explanation I could think up was that it was God telling me to stay on.

2. I got into some trouble around the end of June last year, and again thought I had to leave. But my then boss (a different one since I changed two bosses last year) spoke up and fought for me and I managed to retain my place. Later I realize he is a Christian. It may not mean anything, but I take it that I still have to stay on.

3. Being victimized at work and getting frustrated over the “interesting” people around (started end of June last year)

4. Being headhunted for a series of interviews at big established companies since last year (started August last year)

5. Was offered by a pharmaceutical multi-national corporation, but somehow the terms were not to my liking and I turned it down, and recently I heard the company underwent Merger and Acquisition and massive restructuring. Just imagine what would have happened if I did join them!

6. I have had interviews at very established companies, and there are a couple I really will not mind working for, but for some reason, even though the I thought the interview(s) went well, I was not offered in the end.

7. Problems started culminating the last couple of months. There was a lull in interviews until two weeks ago when I was called by another headhunter for another interview. This time round I did not think the interview went that well, but before I knew it, I was offered the job!

8. This came after I started attending cell group meetings and prayed for my job situation. I went for the retreat and submitted a prayer request for the problems I am facing at work. Within a few days, the new job offer came. Not just an offer, but an offer according to my terms!

9. Now that I am about to leave, more problems started coming, all the while making me firmly believe that the decision to move is right and I will have a better time in the next company.

To be honest, I have backslided for about a year. Ever since the fiasco with someone in 2007, I started wondering why my prayers never come true. I have been relatively down for a very long time (although I do not show it nowadays), but recently, I realize prayers do come true!

One just has to continue praying and God will yield his power when the right time comes. Thus I need not fret so much! I am now praying more fervently than before, hopefully when the time comes, other aspects of my life will fall into place too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...