Lilypie

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lighthouse Experience

A close friend has been telling me about this church called Lighthouse Evangelism, which has two buildings on different parts of the island. She and her fiance have been attending the miraculous healing service on Saturday evenings for quite a while now. I have always showed interest in going, but for the past few weeks, I have not had the time to go. So yesterday, she offered to pick me up and we went together.

In case any of you wonder why I have this sudden streak of religious mania, it is not on a sudden basis. Before my baptism, I was going to church rather frequently. After my baptism, because of a major sin (several major sins in fact), I felt ashamed going to church. But I still went, although I did not go for confession for a long time until a year after the incident.

Then due to certain upheavals in my life, I started backsliding. For a period of time, I was lost, disillusioned and just lived life my own way without God in the picture. I kind of lost faith for a while since my prayers never come true. I even started going to church just as and when instead of every week.

Until recently. I have Christian friends whom I have lost touch with but suddenly contacted me again and sharing with me their experiences. I made new friends who are staunch Christians. I met more fellow Catholics. I was recommended to go for the retreat. And plus my job situation.

I cannot ignore anymore. It is as if God is telling me something. That I should touch base with Him again. That I should make up for lost time and start talking to Him more, praying more. With some friends who are facing crisis one after another around the same time, I really have no time to worry about myself, save to just pray for them and trusting that He will help them out.

So anyway, the Lighthouse service is pretty refreshing indeed. It is not too charismatic, not too noisy. The pastor is very inspiring! In fact, some local artistes do attend the services of one of the two buildings. I saw a few familiar faces on the screen! Based on testimony, the healing service really works, because people claimed that their illness disappear after a few sessions!

Now I only hope the one person I have been praying for all these while and whom I am immensely worried about, can be healed too, from whatever issues the person has, so this person can then face life in a more positive mode and not let the past experiences and whatever difficulties faced to affect how the person goes on in life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...