Lilypie

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mixed Feelings ....

Today is supposed to be my last day in the office, yet I still need to drop by on Monday to tie up loose ends. This week has been a mad rush. I have a handover list to do, contracts to update, documents to draft, as well as farewells to say. Nice colleagues had been buying me lunch almost the whole week.

Ironically, I seem more enthusiastic and motivated to work this week. I stayed late just to finish up my documents. I was much more focused than a few weeks back, and actually did everything meticulously. I managed to get everything out and did a proper handover.

The replacement who came in today is on a part-time basis. She became rather overwhelmed when I gave her the handover list and showed her where everything is, including the safe and the keys to the safe. She was remarking I seem to be doing three people's work all on my own! Yeah, what a pity others always think I am very free!

I sent out email farewells. Already our exernal lawyers whom I have been liaising with and the people at the Phuket office said they are sad and asked me not to go. They said they are used to my promptness, professionalism and efficiency in handling their matters. That really touched me. The people at my office always think I cannot do a thing, yet people who truly matter know how much I have done for them. I am happy that I am not totally unappreciated!

So finally, there comes a time when farewells have to be said. This is the second longest time I have ever stayed in a job, after all the short stints. Not proud to say that, but not a bad feat too! Hopefully I can last much longer in the next job, with a better working environment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...