Lilypie

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Double Standards!

I am working in a place full of hypocrites! Facebook has been blocked in the office ever since last Christmas, with the occasional screw ups in the firewall so we could access it on rare occasions. In any case, I have not been accessing Facebook since I came back from Japan, after that there was a lull for two months before I started accessing Facebook again in March. Even then I could only access it during weekends or when I was at home.

Recently I took time off after my Phuket trip, and claimed my unpaid leave. I was home, thus was on Facebook. All of a sudden, I went back to the office and was told there have been complaints about me accessing Facebook during office hours! I was warned from using that! The thing was that the office has already blocked Facebook, and if you did not deliberately log in, you would not have known if the firewall was working or not! With my kind of workload and the people scrutinizing me, it would be madness to try to even see if the firewall was up or down in the office!

Apparently, some people saw me online during office hours, so not knowing I was not in office, they lodged a complaint. Now, if they themselves were not on Facebook at the same time, how would they know I was online? So they could access Facebook during office hours knowing it was not allowed in the office, yet complained about me using Facebook during office hours when I was not in the office? I have not lost my temper for a while, as in really lost my temper, but I was so absolutely boiling mad that I really felt like screaming the whole place down!

Besides that, someone from another department whom I was working together with for some transactions, suddenly came down all bossy and arrogant on me. She kept insisting I must do her work first. I do not report to her, I am not obligated to do her work as first priority! She treated me like her slave, said must do this her way and do that her way!

In the first place, I think I know what I am doing, and in the second place, I was doing the transaction from the beginning part until now (which started in mid 2007), and she only took over some of the responsibilities two months back! So what right does she have to tell me what to do?

And she had the cheek to open up my department’s cabinet to check the things inside! I find that really rude! How can anyone go to another department and open up the cabinet to check the things inside? What gave her the right to do it? She expected everything done her way, yet in the past when I wanted things done and needed her help, she gave me the silent treatment, despite numerous reminders!

So her things are the ultimate and other people have to cater to her whims and fancies, but other people’s things can always be ignored? Yet when anyone senior ranking than her happens to pass by, she would turn all sweet and suck up to whoever she was talking to! What a two-face!

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

I only have a vague idea on how *bitchy* some workplace can be (based on minimal exposure when I was workign in a call-center) and am I glad that I'm not exposed to these kind of nonsense (I have other nonsense, but they pale whem compared to yours :P)

juphelia said...

That's why I'm glad I'm finally leaving!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...