Lilypie

Thursday, May 28, 2009

In Servitude

The normal midweek ice-skating session is cancelled last night, so I went for a CHOICE Prayer Meet with some friends. One thing about the CHOICE committee is that they have a mission, so they really want to serve. For instance, whenever they ask for participants or volunteers, someone will plan the logistics in terms of transport and food.

Thus the time when I went for the retreat, someone gave me a ride there, and someone gave me a ride back. Then when I went for the training session on Sunday, I was also given a ride there and back. Not only that, people would buy food and snacks on their own expense, anything to make the rest comfortable.

Last night's Prayer Meet was at someone's house. They are hospitable, open up their house for people, their television and computer, and even prepared food and drinks for everyone! This is what I always like to do - to serve with a warm and loving heart with no strings attached. I am not so noble to enter a convent and be a nun, I still want to get married and have a family, but since I like to do things like that, my partner should be of the same mindset when it comes to mission and serving in the name of God, and being warm and hospitable to make others happy.

Hence I wrote a petition to Mary. Christians in general will frown on this, but from my experience with Novena, my prayers (some of them at least) do come true. Since a friend will be going to Lourdes next week, I have written a petition for him to bring to Our Lady of Lourdes, hopefully there will be a miracle and my prayers will come true. He has kindly agreed to send in my petition, together with my friend's.

I know I am impatient, and I know everything is under God's control in His time, but I believe I can ask for what I want and desire. Since I have already been praying for so long, it helps to do something to make my prayers come true even faster. There is nothing else left to do but to believe, and that is what I am going to do. Placing my faith in that all will fall into place.

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

Single Catholic ladies usually seek the intercession of St Anne when seeking a life partner. There's even a saying that goes like this:

"Anne, Anne, get me a man,
As fast as you can."

St Anne's feast is in July every year in case you might want to do the 9-day Novena. But I'm not sure if there's a St Anne's Church in Singapore.

In Malaysia we've got a St Anne's Church in Bukit Mertajam, Penang and another one in Port Klang, Selangor.

juphelia said...

Really? Yes, there's a St Anne's Church here, but I've never been there. Think this year I'll go check it out and for the feast too! Thanks for the tip! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...