Lilypie

Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Age Of Sensibility

I am rather surprised at myself, but happy at the same time. In the past, I feel uncomfortable whenever I had any conflict (actually I still do). So I would feel really awkward if I had to meet the person I had conflict with, or who had triggered my emotions whatsoever.

Last night there was a gathering of friends, for a dinner, movie and drinks. There was someone there whom I thought I would feel awkward seeing, considering certain things that happened. I was kind of thinking the person would not turn up, but everyone who said they are coming did come (except for those who told me in advance they would not come).

Initially, I thought when we met each other, we would be feeling so awkward and uncomfortable, but we could still jibe and talk per normal. As old friends. No sign of any discomfort or awkwardness whatsoever! No emotional conflict or turmoil as well! We just carried on as per normal as if nothing happened!

I am not sure if that is a good or bad sign, but at least I am glad I do not shy away from situations like that anymore. If it was in the past, I would have not turned up due to some trumped up excuse, but I could not not go last night since I was the one who organised the outing!

I guess that is a sign of maturity. Not the pettiness and cowardice of youth. Not the bearing of grudges, but of generosity and carrying on as per normal. We had conflict, we shrugged it off, we treat each other as normal. That is a sign of growth. A pity not everyone can do that, most never do outgrow this phase. So I am really happy I have!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...