Lilypie

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tendered .... With Upheavels

I finally submitted my resignation and leave application. Now I was told I could not take leave because I have "over-utilised" the leave, being pro-rated until 22nd May. How can I have utilised the leave when I have not taken much leave this year, save for time offs going for the interviews, and time off after the Phuket trip?

So I said in that case, let me take unpaid leave. And then there must be a big hoo ha saying I must show proof that I have to take leave next week. What the...? All along I have never need to show any proof of leave whatsoever! And what can I show? I cannot show the offer letter asking me to start work next week!

Even something nitty gritty like this can be blown up into such an issue. Looks like if the worst happens, I just have to forfeit a week's pay in lieu of notice. In any case, the other company is paying me more, so not too big a loss!

Having said that, this big Food and Nutrition conglomerate, whom I sent my application in two months back, asked me for an interview on Friday. They took so long just to shortlist me?! And the job scope is one which I really really like! Why does this happen only after I have accepted a new job? What a timing!

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

Getting 2 job offers at the same time only means that you're a wanted woman, Juphelia ;-)

Keep up the good work!

juphelia said...

Haha... thanks! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...