Lilypie

Friday, May 29, 2009

Exhibitions!

There are a few interesting exhibitions around. Besides, after living here all my life, it is time I check out the other museums, even though I have not been to the History Museum after it was renovated. What an irony that I used to do the leases for all the museums in my previous company, yet I have never been to any!

First will be the exhibition of the Kangxi Emperor at the Asian Civilisations Museum. Then it will be the display of Peranakan culture at the Peranakan Museum (where else?!). It is time I actually visit the Philatelic Museum too. I have been collecting stamps all my life, so I should go see how the old stamps look like.

Then it will be the Da Vinci exhibition, which is not at the Museum, but the Science Centre. This is something I have always wanted to see, especially since there will be a Mona Lisa display too! Finally I should go check out the Mint Museum of Toys, where I can see the display of all my favourite toys when I was young (and even now), plus I heard there is a good cafe there!

Why did I not go see these earlier? Maybe because in the deepest recesses of my mind, I hope to go see these places with someone special? But now that that is not feasible, I may as well go on my own. Afterall, why should I give up nice and interesting things just because I am on my own?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...