Lilypie

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Work Frustrations Again!

So I signed and sent back the new employment contract via email. And I can officially tender on Monday. After deducting my annual and unpaid leave, this coming week will be my last week with the company. Am I happy or sad? Perhaps ask me that a week later when I officially leave, and then I will be more sure of how I really feel.

For now I cannot wait to leave. Problems have been culminating for the past few months. Ever since projects have been halted, I have been on a battlefield because now apparently there seem to be lesser work, so people are more able to go around scrutinising others and seeing if they are doing work or not.

Yesterday I was threatened to be fired and all websites to be blocked on my computer. It is funny, is it not, when websites have already been blocked, so I am not even able to access any of the popular websites around, yet people say I have been accessing websites?

Hmmmm... how do I access if the sites have been blocked? I am not so powerful to hack into the server and uninstall the firewall just for my computer alone! Is it another issue of stalking me online and seeing when I was online and just because I was online at a certain time I get blamed, even when I was not in office?

In any case, I finally told my supervisor how I feel about the company and the people in general. To be frank, I know she is trying her best, and I know the situation is not going very well, but honestly, she is not a good superior. She does not protect her staff. She sways to rumours and gossip and try to make herself look good and me look bad in front of others. If it was my previous boss, he will never allow that to happen.

Still, I finally told her how I feel and what I have been facing. She just told me I should have told her earlier instead of keeping quiet. She said at the end of the day we just have to do our work no matter how others are like, we cannot make ourselves (or rather, her) look bad by being distant and uncooperative.

Oh well.... thank goodness I am leaving! The signs are there for a long time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...