Lilypie

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Communing With Nature ...

I had an ambitious thought. To tie in with exercise and weight losing, I thought I would walk to my office every morning. Not from my home, but from my mum's office where she will drop me.

Her office and mine is only three bus stops away, linked by the parks of the southern ridges. Hence I thought it would not be that far.

How wrong I was! In order to figure out how to connect between the two areas, my dear and I ventured to walk from my office to my mum's office on Friday evening.

We needed to find the park connector. From the maps and guides given at various areas, the park connector looks quite near but it was one tedious walk!

We had to climb up and down stairs, uphill and downhill, and in the end lost our way and went all the way down the hill out the other end and ended up three bus stops from the other side of my mum's office.

Alright, I was too ambitious. It was not as short as I envisioned. The entire walk took an hour. But I think it was also because we went the long way and lost our way. Even then, I do not think I really want to try walking to work!

It is a nice place though. One hardly sees forested areas like these anymore here. As we were walking, we got to enjoy the greenery around, the lake, the woods and even the view from the top.

He remarks that it is exactly like a trekking track whereas I think it is a good place to go have a leisurely stroll, sit at the lake or the viewing area and just commune with nature and enjoy each other's company.

Maybe one day I will walk from my office to my mum's office after I find the shortest route. I can only walk in the evenings as it would be too rush in the mornings and I do not want to enter my office all hot, sticky and sweaty.

In any case I would like to take the walk again, armed with a camera next time to take in the sights!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Richard said...

Walking is good.

I don't know how Sg is laid out, but ... in Madrid they love fences - high fences. You can be going down a street and suddenly face a huge fence or wall and have to spend ages trying to walk around it - or backtrack completely.

I find it very odd to live in such an enclosed society. Even many parks have fences, so you must enter and exit via designated entrances.

juphelia said...

Wouldn't it be very troublesome to face a fence all the time? Here the island is so small that there is hardly any big spaces to walk about, hence nowadays there are designated parks and trails for those who want to walk and hike.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...