Lilypie

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Movie Trilogy

Today I actually went on a movie marathon. I have not had a film marathon for ages. Those dramas and discs watching at my place do not count.

So why today? I guess there was time, and the shows were all at the right timings, spaced out just nice without a need to rush and not too long a gap in between too.

Besides this is normally the time where lots of good shows are coming, so I thought why not try to watch as much as possible? I missed a lot of nice shows the past couple of years, hence I thought this year I will make up for that.

And I am in a good mood today! After discovering just how wonderful my dear is, plus the induction today, I wanted to just go out and have a good time. So we went to the theatre after the buffet lunch after the mass.

You should have seen the look the girl at the counter gave us! I think no one ever bought three shows in a row before!

But I did not regret it. The shows are all worth watching. First up was Old Dogs, on the true friendship between two best friends, and how after so many years of being career-minded, they finally realist family is the most important and settled down and have kids, giving up a business deal of a lifetime.

The second was It's Complicated. Typical romantic comedy. As usual, Meryl Streep outdid herself. She plays a cook in this show too. Funny how she is always cast as a good cook in her recent shows.

The last one was Invictus. That was based on a true story, and very inspiring at that! Funny why it was only shown in selected theatres and not all over the island?

Did the relevant authorities deem this as a show which not many would watch? Yet the cinema was full house, and no one wanted to leave even after the show ended! That was the impact the show had!

I should do this again some time!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...