Lilypie

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Not "Presenter Material" ...

This weekend was the first CHOICE Weekend of the year. I was not supposed to be involved, but they were lacking of housekeepers so I was called at the last minute.

Hence I stayed back to help a bit after the registration on Friday. My dear also came by after his interview as a volunteer for the Youth Olympics.

One thing I do not like about these people is that they tend to do things at the last minute. From November to now, are they not able to find housekeepers for two months? Do they think I am always so free to housekeep?

Besides, when I asked if I could present, I was told I am not "presenter material". What do they mean by that? Some of the presenters I have seen are more pompous and showy, some are not even articulate in communicating their thoughts and experiences, yet they are more "presenter material"?

Or is it because these people are on better terms with them, hence they can present, whereas I will always be an outsider so I can never have the chance to be a presenter even if they are short of presenters?

But that should not be the case, is it not? Anyone is free to do God's work. No favouritism should be shown. It does not mean that because I am on better terms with you, so you can do it, whereas I am not close to you, so you cannot do it. Being a good Christian should not function that way.

I just want to give to God. Why should I not be given the chance? Why should I always be left out, whether as a presenter or the outings they organise like parties or even overseas trips?

For instance, some people whom I thought I am on better terms with recently went to Bangkok and they did not even ask if I would like to come along. It is not that I so much want to go, but it is the principle. Was I deliberately left out, or was I genuinely forgotten? Or did they deem fit to even ask?

Why do I want to be a presenter? I went through my own weekend being inspired and grateful to my presenters, for sharing their experiences, for giving of their time willingly, for giving me hope that I am not the only one who face problems and there are others with worse experiences as well as similar experiences.

Hence I like to inspire people the same way. I like to help them by letting them know they are not alone, that I have experienced things in my life too, that I have emerged out of my problems so they can have the hope that they too can emerge out of what they are facing.

It is not to show off or feel good. I believe I can learn from the participants more than they can learn from me. I really wish to do God's work this way, and by inspiring and helping others, is it not the best way to do God's work?

So if I am not "presenter material" in any way, I appreciate if they can tell me the reason why, and give me a chance to improve and not just leave it at that.

Of course I can help by housekeeping, but after housekeeping so many weekends, I feel it is still better to be a presenter. One really get to experience the whole weekend again in another way as a presenter and not a housekeeper.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...