Lilypie

Monday, January 18, 2010

New York, I Love You

It started with Paris, the city of love. Or maybe way back in Britain, where Love Actually actually began.

In the modern days of fast paced rat race and an individualistic society, does love actually still exist?

I did not watch Paris, I Love You, or Paris, Je'Taime. But New York, I Love You gives people the hope that love actually is all around, just like in Love Actually.

The show features eleven segments, all taken around New York City. Love developing from a one night stand, love from business liaison, objects of desires, love between a middle-aged couple, and the mist touching of all, the love between an old couple, still holding hands and kissing on their sixty-third anniversary. These and all are intertwined in the city called New York.

This is a pretty refreshing show as compared to the run-of-the-mill romantic comedies or sappy dramatic love stories. At least it shows the various aspects of love in a more realistic way - that it is not a bed of roses, and it requires compromise, tolerance and sacrifice. And that is what love is about!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Richard said...

We were in Paris a few weeks back (you can check out the photos in my Album link).

Given a choce between Paris and New York, I would pick Paris. It is everything New York should be - impressive and multicultural.

juphelia said...

Personally I prefer Paris too. Somehow I prefer Europe to America - I find Europe more quaint and beautiful. A pity I can't speak French though!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...