Lilypie

Friday, January 1, 2010

Start Of A New Decade

Happy New Year! Happy new decade! It was a wonderful start to the new year, as I was at the Masquerade Ball counting down. When the clock strikes 0000 on the dot, I was dancing away in the arms of someone precious.

It had been a while since I have spent New Year's Eve with anyone. In the past the New Year's Eve was spent at the guy's place, where we would have dinner with his parents, then he would watch the MTV countdown. We did not go anywhere as everywhere was crowded.

When I was a swinging single, New Year's Eve was spent either at home, or out partying with friends. So what had the New Years of the past decade been like?

New Year's Eve 2000 I was at someone's place, watching the MTV countdown. New Year''s Day 2001 I was again at his place, spending the day with his family. New Year's Eve 2001 and New Year's Day 2002 were the same.

New Year's Eve 2002 I watched a movie and went with a friend to the Sentosa coutndown. New Year's Day 2003 I went out with a friend. New Year's Eve 2003 was my cousin's wedding and New Year's Day 2004 I was at someone's place (again!). So was New Year's Eve 2004 and New Year's Day 2005.

New Year's Eve 2005 I was at home, having had terrible news that someone I respected and looked up to passed away from cancer at the age of thirty-seven. Hence New Year's Day 2006 saw me attending a wake.

New Year's Eve 2006 I was at home, bumming around. So was New Year's Day 2007. New Year's Eve 2007, I thought I would finally have someone to spend with, but after that weirdo disappeared, all the plans were cancelled. So New Year's Eve 2007 was spent with friends, attending church and seeing the fireworks.

New Year's Day 2008 I attended the birthday party of my cousin's son. New Year's Eve 2008 I was away in Japan, on a skiing trip, tumbling down the hill and seeing the fireworks in snow. New Year's Day 2009 I was again tumbling down the ski slopes.

Now New Year's Eve 2009, I was with someone dear, dancing in his arms while we were doing the countdown. New Year's Day 2010, I should be home cleaning my room for the new year, and perhaps go somewhere later.

I foresee this would be a wonderful year and a great start to a new decade!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...