Lilypie

Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Sweet Poem

Something someone sent me which almost melted my heart :

A special world for you and me
A special bond one cannot see
It wraps us up in its cocoon
And holds us fiercely in its womb.

Its fingers spread like fine spun gold
Gently nestling us to the fold
Like silken thread it holds us fast
Bonds like this are meant to last.

And though at times a thread may break
A new one forms in its wake
To bind us closer and keep us strong
In a special world, where we belong.

My love, I have tried with all my being
to grasp a form comparable to thine own,
but nothing seems worthy;

I know now why Shakespeare could not
compare his love to a summer’s day.
It would be a crime to denounce the beauty
of such a creature as thee,
to simply cast away the precision
God had placed in forging you.

Each facet of your being
whether it physical or spiritual
is an ensnarement
from which there is no release.
But I do not wish release.
I wish to stay entrapped forever.
With you for all eternity.
Our hearts, always as one.

If I could have just one wish,
I would wish to wake up everyday
to the sound of your breath on my neck,
the warmth of your lips on my cheek,
the touch of your fingers on my skin,
and the feel of your heart beating with mine...
Knowing that I could never find that feeling
with anyone other than you.

For you I would climb
The highest mountain peak
Swim the deepest ocean
Your love I do seek.

For you I would cross
The rivers most wide
Walk the hottest desert sand
To have you by my side.

For you are the one
Who makes me whole
You've captured my heart
And touched my soul.

For you are the one
That stepped out of my dreams
Gave me new hope
Showed me what love means.

For you alone..

It has been so long since I received a poem of some sort from anyone. In the past this would have totally made me fall for someone. But I know he is not my type, simply because he smokes. And that is already a big no-no for me.

Nevertheless, it is a sweet thing to do. I also realise another thing - I do not need someone to write me poems or love letters all the time. Yes, these are good and touching, but the most important is to use actions instead of mere words.

I do not want someone whom I can just hang out and have fun with, or enjoy each other's companies with. Of course these are good and important, but I want something further - someone whom I can really talk deeply to, live with, someone to share my happiness and burdens with, and not pull out or run away in the face of adversity.

It is no use just using words by saying he really likes me and want to be with me, want to keep seeing me and writing nice poems and letters, yet so does not reflect in the actions. Afterall, actions speak louder than words!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...