Lilypie

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Looking Ahead To A Good Year

My best friend sent me a message a few days back, saying we are reaching another decade of our lives. When we know each other, we were only sixteen-going-on-seventeen. Wow... that has been a long time!

Lots of things have changed. When we first knew each other, she was always the one looking out for me (actually even now she still looks out for me in certain aspects). I used to be naive and gullible (perhaps still am), and if it was not because of her advise and views, I would have started on the wrong track as that age was the year when I was really rebellious and kept falling out with my parents.

Come to think of it, there were a few milestones in this relatively short life I have. That age was also when I had my first relationship. Less than a year later, I had my first breakup. I was eighteen-going-on-nineteen when I met my second ex, twenty-three when I was proposed to, twenty-four when I had my second breakup, twenty-five when I got into my third relationship, twenty-seven when I broke up again.

I was also twenty-seven when I finally realised the type of guy and relationship I wanted, and had an unrequited love. The years ahead - twenty-seven and twenty-eight, I made a big mistake and ended up suffering, but emerged with more experience.

The past couple of years were one of lessons learnt and experience gained. In a way, I must thank a certain someone, because if not for him, I would never have gained certain experiences which I never thought I would ever experience in my life.

Now with the Lunar New Year and a new decade coming up, I shall look forward to better times ahead. Whatever mistakes I have made in the past and whatever experiences I have learnt I will bring it along with me to this new decade and handle things better.

Meanwhile, I have to finish cleaning my room and ironing my new dress for tomorrow. Here's sincerely wishing all my Chinese friends a wonderful year of the Golden Rat ahead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...