Lilypie

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Flowers On V-Day

Happy Valentine's Day for one and all! How long was it that I have never celebrated Valentine's Day already? Since 2006 I think. (The one last year did not count because of obvious reasons.)

My colleague just had flowers delivered to the office for her from her husband. At times I wonder, why do sweet guys belong to other girls? I have never had flowers delivered to my office before on Valentine's Day as a surprise.

The one and only time I received flowers at my workplace was when my second ex came to the school I was teaching in, with a bouquet of flowers and a heart-shaped cushion as a gift, and he went to the staff room and waited for me while I finished my lessons.

That was still one of the most touching and memorable things I ever experienced! Unfortunately, that was our very last Valentine's Day together, and since then, no one had ever been that sweet to me.

Anyway my best friend got me out of my shell to meet a guy tomorrow. I asked her if he is the decent sort, and she said, if he is her friend, for sure he is the decent sort. True in a way, considering she is also very discerning in choosing her friends. Hopefully this time she will be there and not leave us alone at the last minute again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...