Lilypie

Friday, February 29, 2008

First February 29

First time I am posting on February 29. The first February 29 was when I was less than two years of age, so I could not remember a thing. The second was the year my first brother was born, and I remember my mum putting my head on her tummy to feel the baby inside.

The third February 29 was the year my youngest brother was born. Come to think of it, both my parents and brothers were born during leap years, except me. Perhaps that is why I am the odd one out.

The fourth February 29, I was in lower secondary, and struggling with studies. The fifth February 29, I was in a relationship. The sixth February 29, I remember that vividly as it was during the Millennium Year. I was in another relationship, and we went out to celebrate the occasion.

Considering the length of time we had been with each other, we had only gone by one February 29. Hmmm.... a rare opportunity that day, come to think of it. If I had known, I would have celebrated it in a more meaningful way, making it more memorable.

The seventh February 29, I was on the verge of leaving the education service. And now, another four years later, so many things had happened. My life in just one year is already so colourful, let alone in four years!

Hopefully, by the time the next February 29 comes along, my life would have been more settled instead of the frivolity and status quo of the current situation. I wish to enjoy at least another ten more February 29s, with all the people I love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...