Lilypie

Friday, February 1, 2008

Irony At Work

It is true that anything can happen in this world. Just last week, my boss managed to convince me to stay on in the company as he really needs me around, when today he told me that he has resigned.

I was the one contemplating to quit since last December, and it took him one hour to enlighten me on why I should not quit, when he himself decides to leave. Now that he is going to leave, I cannot leave anymore otherwise there will be no one in the department who has worked long enough to know what is going on.

The sense of irony really sickens me.

3 comments:

Richard said...

As a general rule, work is work. It is not a social place. You are valuable only insofar as you are able to produce work of value to the company. When you are no longer of value, you are discarded.

Your only loyalty to work is to perform to the best of your ability; any other notions of loyalty beyond trading your skills for their money are misplaced.

Ole' Wolvie said...

If you're not leaving, it's time to ask for a better pay and a better permanent desk I'd say.

You know, him leaving might have been the reason why he tried so hard to have you stay in the first place...

juphelia said...

Ole Wolvie : I already have an increment starting this year. As for the permanent desk, that will be subjected to approval and space.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...