Lilypie

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cheating Their Way Through Life

Comments from friends tell me that I seem to be the only one meeting all sorts of dubious characters who just want flings. Perhaps I just happen to be super unlucky, or those characters just happen to pick me at random to try their luck, so to speak?

I do not think I am the only one. I believe there are other girls who meet all kinds of characters too, except perhaps they chose to ignore? Maybe because I get super irritated by such characters which is why I rave and rant? Honestly, is it so hard to find a real normal decent person?

Which got me thinking, do men think girls are to be trifled with? Or do they think girls are easily bullied, which is why they do not hesitate to pull all kinds of stupid stunts? Asking to bed them is one thing, but deliberately lying and playing with one's feelings is another altogether.

I used to think I would never get cheated. But circumstances showed otherwise, and no matter how careful one is, sometimes one got cheated without realising it. Afterall, when you first got to know someone, you would never doubt his words right? Why would someone want to lie or cheat another person deliberately?

But this is not the case all the time. Actually, if I had only been smarter and more conscious and checked out that certain website much earlier, I could have saved myself a lot of heartache and despair, because I could have realised the type of person someone was and protected myself from harm.

But who was to know right? I do not lie about my family background and things that happened to me, so of course I have no reason to doubt anyone's words. And there was no indication about his actual status on his physical self, nor did anyone in the company know.

I am not the only one who had been cheated. My friend in England was cheated by her ex-fiance. He is already married, to a foreigner, without her knowledge. His wife was overseas, which gave him all the time to date her (my friend) and found favour with her family. And he was really nice and caring to her and her family members, so she never once doubted his sincerity and love.

But when they were about to get married, he kept delaying the solemnisation. They went ahead to get a flat without the certificate, and even decorated the place. But certain things happened and they broke up, got back together, and finally she made the decision to break up totally.

In the process of selling away the flat, she realised that he actually faked a marriage certificate with his and her name in order to retain the flat. So she made a police report and realised that it was not the first time he committed fraud. Now he is in jail for three years, serves him right!

My best friend has been with a guy who two-timed her, and then she was with another guy who wanted to marry her, but only because he needed to combine salary with someone with a fixed monthly income in order to retain the apartment he bought.

Sometimes I wonder, do some guys have a habit of cheating girls? I may be biased, but I have never heard any accounts of girls cheating guys, always the other way round. I do not mean cheating as in taking the guy as a rebound, or comparing him to her ex, because these are just very minor cases.

Cheating as in lying about one's status, faking credentials, being with someone for an ulterior motive, and being such good actresses that no one ever believed she was a fraud or fake. Somehow only guys seem to be able to achieve their way in cheating.

To some people, they may think it is the stupidity of the girls to fall for these fakers. Well, perhaps I was the stupid one, but I do not think my friends are so stupid. So the only conclusion is that these guys are either such established liars or they have cheated numerous others before that it became a piece of cake to them.

Which makes me wonder, why must people cheat anyway? Do they derive satisfaction in lying to others, and then seeing how miserable others are? How can they claim they love someone and yet in the end turn around to cheat the very same people they claim they love?

Wait.. they are cheats, so probably they do not even mean what they say at all when they declare their love and show their care and concern. No wonder it is getting harder and harder to find a real normal decent guy with so many cheats around.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Actually, my male friends look at it as, "Why do nice girls want to go out with jerks?"

From their (and my) perspective, it is not that guys are two timing and cheats, but rather that women seem to prefer those types of guys. After all, why should they change if their ways get them women?

Oddly enough, guys recognize the cheaters, but women seem to swoon after them. I have on more than one occasion told a female friend I did not like her bf. This always chills the relationship (especially since she usually tells the bf, who then works to try and push me out of the picture). Six months to a year later, I am still around, but the bf is not.

My impression is that women like to deceive themselves about their relationships. As the saying goes, "There is none so blind as who refuses to see."

juphelia said...

Jerks are not shown on their faces. If they behave so nicely and tenderly towards a girl, how is a girl to know?

When we first get to know someone, we normally give them the benefit of the doubt. After all, why would people deliberately cheat or lie to someone they barely know?

Perhaps girls should be more wary. But then again, as I said, we won't know, especially if everything seems authentic. Then by the time the jerks show their true colours, often is when the girls already lose their hearts.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...