Lilypie

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Another Rambling Of Sorts

It is better to be loved than to love. This statement is true to a certain extent. The feeling of being pursued and admired is good. But then it takes two hands to clap. One person cannot be the one doing all the chasing and the other person has no reaction to him.

Feelings do take time to develop, but it must be a mutual feeling between both that they do not mind seeing each other and developing the relationship, letting the feelings grow on its own. After all, a relationship cannot function on just one person alone.

Which is why I choose the type of people I go out with. My cousin remarked last night during our annual reunion that I should give chances to whatever suitors I have. But as always the case, those who show interest are those I am absolutely not interested in, and those I do not mind progressing with for some reason they just lose interest.

I used to go out with whoever who asked me out. I am not the wanton or liberal type, but I realise that even though I may go out with the guy on just a casual basis, the guy may not necessarily think the same way.

Some guys just cannot get it into their heads that just because a girl agrees to go out with him for a meal or movie, it does not mean she is really interested in developing a relationship, nor does she give him the liberty of saying she is his girlfriend, and certainly not because she agrees to get physical or intimate with him!

Which is why for the past half a year or so, I have stopped going out with a lot of people. Now I only go out with a guy if I deem him harmless enough, and only continue going out with him if I feel we can get along and comfortable enough. I have enough of all those dubious characters who show no respect to anyone!

No doubt it is lonely at times, as after all, it is still much more fun to do things with another person than on one's own. But even if I am to have activity partners, it is better to be with people who share my interests and who are interesting and fun, and not just mere anyone who will make me feel so suffocated and want to cut the outing short.

Which is why I am in this state now - single, dateless, and soon to be a couch potato lounging around at home during the weekends. But being on my own sometimes is better than going out with just mere anyone and end up wasting my time due to a disastrous date.

Besides, I have other things to occupy myself with. Like reading for instance. And studying. And playing the piano. Or watching movie and television drama discs. Anyway, I believe this is only temporary, as who knows, soon I may start going out again, with another potential person?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...