Lilypie

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Night Out With My Best Friend

I went out with my best friend last night for dinner and a karaoke session. I have not sung for so long that my voice is getting a bit off. I can no longer handle higher notes anymore, notes which I was able to reach smoothly in the past now becomes a bit of a struggle to me.

That is the problem with musicianship - one has to constantly practice, no matter what instrument, be it piano or strings or woodwind or even voice, otherwise it will get out of practice very soon. Which is why I am also struggling with the piano now, songs which I was able to play very well in the past now becomes a bit of a struggle too.

One thing about karaoke joints is why can they not load in original MTVs instead? Some of the songs we wanted were on cheesy scenes where the tune was not even complete. Those non-original MTVs really kill one's appetite for the song.

If anyone is to sing a song, it is best to be on the original tune, with the original lyrics, featuring the original singers. Some of the songs featured are not original, but an improvisation and arrangement, and the whole song becomes repulsive instead.

Anyway she brought a male friend along, and we all had an enjoyable dinner and singing session. He claims he cannot sing so he just sat and listened to us while we belt out our tunes. Whenever my best friend and I meet up, we will always sling our arms or put our arms around each other, and those guys who are with us normally have to tag along behind.

Society is not fair, is it not? Girls, especially close girl friends, can sling their arms or hold hands together and nobody will battle an eyelid, unless it is very obvious that the girls are of a gay sexual orientation. My best friend and I are definitely not, because we both look like normal decent ladies.

Whereas for guys, no matter how close friends they are, they can never attempt to sling their arms or hold hands, unless they want to be labelled as gays, as that is the automatic conclusion everyone will come to.

In the past, my best friend and I would hold hands and go everywhere together, and our then boyfriends would just tag along behind. We once told them why not they hold hands too and run along with us, but all we got were stares of horror and disbelief for even suggesting a thing like that! :-p

For once in a long time, I reached home rather late, something I have not done the past couple of months. My parents are relieved that I am finally getting out of the house instead of lounging around at home the whole day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...