Lilypie

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Games Men Play ....

What is it with men and games? My best friend told me that she has no time to watch any television now because her husband is always hogging the machine due to his PlayStation games. My colleague told me that her husband wanted a Xbox, but it was due to these video games that they almost split up once.

I have had friends who broke up with their guys because of these games. A friend told me that her ex was an hour late in meeting her, and all attempts to call him were futile. So when she rushed to his home in a worried state, she realised he was playing a game. She was so pissed that she dumped him there and then.

A large part of my dating life were with guys who played video games. It seems so rare to find a guy who does not play video games. We used to have quarrels because of these games. One of them would throw a tantrum each time he lost, and whenever I tried comforting him that it was only a game, he accused me of not understanding how he felt.

Another one was late for our dates many times because he was held up playing games. There was once he was challenging his dad, and he was late meeting me, so he told his dad he needed to meet me, and his dad told him that just because he had a girlfriend it did not mean he should not spend time with the family members as well.

Seems that men, no matter how old they are, will still be boys whenever they are addicted to games. But I suppose men's addiction to video games can be equivalent to women's addiction to shopping. Just like we can never fathom why men enjoy banging on a xbox or PlayStation so much, they can never fathom why we can just shop the whole day without any break.

But then I do not shop, or at least, I do not shop like how a typical girl shops. Which is perhaps why I prefer a partner who does not indulge in video games. I rather we do other forms of interesting or intelligent activities instead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...