Lilypie

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A New Matchmaking Institute

Another interesting article in the news. Competition is getting more and more intense. Yet I still find it funny that so many people still have no luck finding someone. If all these places help, then one should have many choices to choose from, and finding someone will be easier, will it not?

Of course, not all will work out. For instance, I have never thought of progressing with those I am still in contact with from the dating agencies, although some of them have become firm friends. Ironically it is those I met through other channels that I actually gave a chance to, just that things could not progress further.

My own experiences with dating agencies are that it is a good way to meet people. One meets all kinds of people, interesting, fun, obnoxious, insufferable. You name it, there will be someone to fit into every category.

But meeting people and finding someone is not the same as finding the right person. Sometimes the right person pops up all of a sudden when you are at your wit's end and on the verge of giving up. The fates always have a way to play tricks on the people. Which makes me wonder, when will I find the right person then?

My friend was just remarking that the dating agencies seem to be undercutting each other, and they should consolidate their databases to complement each other instead and work together. Well, I think every dating agency has a different package. There are some exclusively for speed dating, some for group dates, some for social gatherings, some for one-on-one dates, which may either become a disaster or something good comes out of it.

To me, I think if the agencies are to do profit-sharing, then it will not be feasible in the long run. After all, the different agencies are running a business as well, so competition keeps the business going more aggressively. I am not one with a business mind (as evidenced from my Economics grade), but even then, I know too what matters in business is profit and service. No one will want to go on in a losing business.

Perhaps this is why dating agencies are getting more and more popular, because it seems that the demand and supply is increasing. I still remember the very first Economics lesson that if there is demand and supply, there will be business and profit, especially if the demand is more than the supply.

There are more and more singles out there who are yearning to find the right one, but at the same time unable to find one in their own circles due to various factors. And that is where these agencies come in - to provide a service to people who are looking for the right one to be with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...