Lilypie

Monday, April 7, 2008

Another Tribute

Ben-Hur and Moses is dead! Another legendary figure is gone. My mum love his movies! And I fell in love with epics ever since the first time I watched "Ben-Hur", one Maundy Thursday many years ago. Since then, I was captivated by major productions. That was when I actually understood Jesus' crucifixion.

A year later, on another Maundy Thursday, I watched "Ten Commandments" and that was when I really started going to church religiously. Sometimes things need to be shown visually before one can get touched and influenced. Or perhaps I am just a very "influential" person?

Sad to say, there has never been anyone else who can perform on par with his calibre. Seems like the older batch of artistes are really better. How many younger artistes can look good yet act so well and mesmerising at the same time? In most cases, they rely on their looks more than anything else. Ironically, those who can really act are those who are not that good-looking in the first place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...