Lilypie

Friday, April 18, 2008

Sun Japanese Dining

I was finally able to get out of the house yesterday to meet a friend for dinner. Even though I still had not much of an appetite, still I managed to eat a good dinner, at this chic place. When I stepped in, the restaurant gave me a zen-like feel, dimly lit and tatami as walls. The interior decoration on the walls consist of long brush strokes of calligraphy - really nice!

When I first stepped into the restaurant, I was thinking to myself that the name is really appropriate. Japan is the land of the rising sun after all, and during the anti-Qing revolution, the great Sun Yat-Sen escaped to Japan for a while to teach and preach his anti-Qing sentiments. Thus the name "Sun" for a Japanese restaurant is just perfect!

The food is a bit expensive though, although not too bad. I had rice with chicken and vegetables, with soup. It comes in a set, but I cannot remember the actual Japanese name for it, while my friend had beef ramen. We ordered salmon sashimi as well, and the salmon pieces are cool and fresh.

All in all, it was a filling dinner. For someone who barely managed to get the appetite back, I must say it had been a good dinner, after the few days of porridge - plain, fish, congee. At least I can finally eat solid food again without any discomfort whatsoever!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...