Lilypie

Sunday, April 13, 2008

At The Wine Company

A friend and I went to The Wine Company @ Evans for dinner last night. That place is situated opposite my old alma mater, where my parents attended university too. The place used to be a hostel, then converted to lecturers' offices and quarters, and now, several restaurants and eating places have taken over the premises.

We sat in a corner next to the wine cellar. Living up to its name, the place stores a variety of wine from Spain, France, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, red wine, white wine, champagne. We were both drooling at the large variety of wine on display and sale, but a pity we were not able to drink, as my friend was driving, and I did not wish to collapse in the middle of a restaurant again.

The food is good though. We started off with cheese platter, with five types of cheese. Main course for me was penne with bacon, and he had salmon fetuccine. Delicious and filling! After the big feast on Friday and last night, I really have to fast the rest of the week, otherwise all my efforts at slimming will be wasted!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...