Lilypie

Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Nice Chatting Session

I had a good catching up session with my ex-colleague in England yesterday. She is really great, from a rich young lady to a housewife in England. She works part-time, and is now pregnant and doing her Masters at the same time. She will submit her final dissertation next month and will be due in June. Double blessings!

She told me that it was difficult initially, as she had to work and study at the same time. Then the baby was unplanned, but since she had already started her Masters course, she decided to just go through with it. Reminds me of my cousin in Malta. Sometimes people can be strong due to circumstances, it all depends on whether one is willing to go through it. Wonder if I am in the same situation, can I go through the same thing?

She kept me updated on our old friends, about how people around us are already married, have kids, have more kids. A few years have lapsed since I last saw them, and many things have changed. That time I was still attached, and everyone thought I would be the first to be married, but yet now everyone else have their own families whereas I am still bouncing around.

I told her about my experiences for the past couple of years, and she comforted me. She said she will be coming back for good next year, so hopefully when she comes back I will be able to send her a wedding invitation. Yeah, I wish too.

It has been so long since I last chatted with her, so it was really a good catching-up session. At times it is good to talk to people and see how they are doing, how much you have missed out. I really miss her and cannot wait for her to be back!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...