Lilypie

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Woman's Happiness

I used to wonder why my best friend chose her husband. Not that he is a bad guy, but he is not the best-looking, nor the most romantic, nor the most established among the guys she had dated. And they do not even have the same religion. Of course, looks and romance are but superficial, what matters is he is true to her. Still, I thought she could do better.

But after an email I received from her today, I am all the more convinced she made the right choice. He celebrated her birthday at his parents' place (with the dog). It was but a simple celebration, but full of love and warmth, because it was celebrated with people who really love her. And the photos look so heartwarming that I felt like crying after that!

True, one need not be extravagant or have fine wine and dine all the time. One need not even splash on expensive gifts or go to nice places. A simple celebration with all your loved ones is what matters.

Now I know why she married him. He is a family man, a caregiver, good to his family and pet, good to her family, and can take care of her really well. Thus, a woman to marry a man like that will really be happy. A woman's happiness lies not in finding an interesting man, but in finding a good man who is true and committed to her. If I ever marry, I will also want someone like that. All other factors are really not that important after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...