Lilypie

Saturday, April 12, 2008

The "Good Old Days"

The rain is splashing, slooshing down. What a thunderstorm! My parents are somewhere in the clouds en route to Moscow, and I hope nothing happens. After a few days of hot and scorching weather, it is another rainstorm again. The weather is so unpredictable lately. It is already April and we still have so much rain!

I went out with my best friend and her husband last night to celebrate her birthday (belated). Going out with them reminds me of the good old days, where my ex and I, her ex and her would go out together. Now everything is changed.

We used to talk about school, our lecturers and tutors, problems with our respective families and boyfriends. Now, we talk about jobs, office politics, company policies, domestic life (more her than me). I guess in different stages of life, people will function in different ways. Sooner or later, she will start talking about children.

Instead of us all going back on public transport, her husband gave me a ride back. Times have really changed indeed, or rather, I shall say, we have all grown up indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...