Lilypie

Monday, April 7, 2008

Western "Laksa"

I was at PS Cafe in Paragon for lunch yesterday. Initially I was not able to find the place, then I saw the sign "ProjectShop Cafe" and guessed that was the one. The menu has a certain laksa pento, which is spaghetti with laksa gravy and long beans, which my friend referred to as the "western-style laksa".

I find it rather intriguing, so I decided to try it. It tastes nice, really like laksa, but not as spicy. Imagine the kinds of food people can come up with. Maybe I have really lost touch with life, but it is the first time I am tasting spaghetti made to taste like laksa. Being able to cook is really good, one can experiment with all kinds of things.

But nothing beats the original Katong laksa, with the thick gravy and sambal! The stretch of laksa stalls, plus chicken rice, noodles, peranakan cuisines. And I am so happy that I am staying somewhere near there, to where all the nice food places are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...