Lilypie

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Being Part Of An Ensemble

Due to one of the church groups I am a part of, somehow I was asked to join this group. Apparently, the group is in need of a pianist, violinist and flutist. So if I join, I will get to play a variety of instruments, the main one being the piano, and guided along the violin and flute by the other players.

I never ever thought I would ever be part of an ensemble. Of course, I have thought of playing the piano in recitals and at soirees, but that will be more for fun than anything else, not performing in a group. Even though I have performed solo quite a few times, performing in an ensemble group is different as everyone has to be in sync. Which is why I always prefer choral performances, because at least everyone can sing together and not be overly concerned about which instrument comes first.

But being in an ensemble is a good way to gain experience. One can get exposed and practice the various instruments. Even though it is a church ensemble, but still it is a good place to start. After all, what is the use of being able to play an instrument but yet not give a bit back to God?

Their next practise will be in mid-May, just after my examinations. I have been invited to that practise session, so perhaps I shall just go and take a look, and then see how the group is like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...