Lilypie

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Planning A Kiwi Trip

My new head of department has arrived. Actually he started work on Monday, but since Monday was our Annual General Meeting, we did not have the time to really talk to him. But he has been here three days and seems rather quiet, unlike the previous one who always made himself heard. It had been a couple of really busy days in light of post-AGM, but thank goodness my company gave everyone off on Friday so we can have a long weekend!

My parents are going away again, to Turkey this time, and I am in charge of planning a New Zealand tour at the end of the year. My parents are really lucky. They wanted to go to either Russia or Turkey, so booked for both, just in case they were not able to form a group for one. Then the group for Russia was formed around the last minute, so they managed to go. Now, the group for Turkey has reached the quota too, thus they are able to go as well. Since they have already booked, my parents were thinking they may as well go. They will be leaving just after my cousin's wedding next week. Lucky them! How I envy them, and wish I have that many days leave to clear as well!

But back to the New Zealand plan. My parents' intention was to tour there for at least ten days, including North and South Islands. It would be self-drive, and includes a farmstay, and the rest of the accommodation will be something like what we did for England last year - Bed and Breakfast inns, motels, cottages, etc.

I have looked through several websites for tour ideas, but it is hard to copy and paste to fit the entire itinerary in. Of course, if I have a choice, I will go according to the Lord of the Rings tour itinerary, to see the Shire, Elsengard, Rivendell, but I am working with just a budget of S$3,000.00 the most, including the price of air tickets, which leaves me quite little choice on where to go and what to do.

So if any of you has any good ideas, I truly appreciate if you can let me know! Thanks so much in advance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...