Lilypie

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back To The Teenage Workbook

Due to my upcoming workshop, I managed to dig up The Teenage Textbook and Teenage Workbook, and even though they were books for teenagers, some of the content is still quite meaningful and useful. Especially for the Teenage Workbook, there was a section on choosing the right person. The author wrote that there is no perfect person, so we have to find the right person, because the right person may not be perfect, but the best for you.

Anyway, after this, there was a section where there is some form of a questionnaire to fill in. The main character Sissy Song was wondering whether Daniel Boon likes her, so she absent-mindedly filled in the section on her dream guy (describing him), then realised she wrote in Daniel's book and quickly erased everything.

When I came across that page, the pencil marks I scrawled in were still visible. Upon reading that again, I realised my taste did not really change that much (albeit with some modifications here and there). I was about sixteen when I first read the two books, and this was what I filled in :

My Dream Guy by [my name]

Height (5 cm range) : 175 - 180 cm
Can he be shorter than you? Absolutely not!
Weight (3 kg range) : 77 - 80 kg
Can he be skinnier than you : No
Age : Same age to the most 8 years older
Can he be younger than you? No

The three most important physical qualities he should have are :
1. A nice smile
2. Broad shoulders
3. Soft silky hair I can run my fingers through

The three most important character qualities he should have are :
1. Articulation and a sense of humour
2. Intelligence
3. Chivalry

The three things I don't want him to have are :
1. Body Odour
2. Bad Habits like smoking, gambling
3. Vulgarity

The three things my dream guy should never do are :
1. Be mean to people and animals
2. Spout vulgarities
3. Engage in sex

Have you found someone like that? No.

Well, no during the time I did this. But now if I am to do it all over again, perhaps I will relax on the height, weight and age factor, although someone shorter than me is still a no-no. As for whether I have found someone like that now, well, all I can say is currently still on the outside, looking in. ;-p

2 comments:

kss said...

Hi there,

I have many of my female college and uni mates do like this. Some sort of a check list. 5 to 9 years ago.

Today when I look back at them and their husband, its complete contrast what they have written and got in life.

I know someone who always wanted same race and higher height got married to different race and height. Infact 3 of them. All of them are happy and enjoying life with kids.

Sometimes in life, " We propose on what to do, but God choose on what to dispose "

regards
kris
kssmmg@yahoo.com

juphelia said...

Hi, thanks for dropping by! True, the checklist is one thing, but at the end of the day, who you end up with is another thing. I guess the main thing is to know what you want and what you can accept, then perhaps all other things really do not matter.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...