Lilypie

Friday, July 25, 2008

Falling Off A Bus Seat

I managed to find a seat on the bus as usual. This time, it is the seat just behind the exit door, next to the aisle. A burly guy was next to me, reading the newspaper. It was not that crowded on the bus so there was hardly any standing passengers. I was trying to take my book out from my bag when all of a sudden the bus swerved, jerked, and my first instincts were to clutch at the railing, but I missed, and the next thing I knew, I was lying flat on my back on the floor of the bus!

Yes, I was lying flat on the back just like that! I was expecting laughter but nobody laughed (although I had no idea if anyone sniggered). But at least the people were rather kind, they helped take my bag up (luckily nothing spilled out) and the guy next to me pulled me up and asked if I was ok. So I just smiled and thanked everyone. How in the world did I manage to fall off the bus seat? At least I emerged unscathed, save for two bruises on the right thigh. What a laughingstock I made myself!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...