Lilypie

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bananarama!

There is this new bar called Twenty Six at the newly-opened Big Splash where the beach is. It seems like a nice and cosy place for drinks and just chill. A friend and I went there on Friday night, and the place was really crowded, filled with expatriates and the usual Friday night crowd. When we reached there, there was no place available so we were asked to go to the bar counter.

Later, we saw a place so grabbed it. We ended up sitting next to a tree with the leaves and canopy as shelter (not that there was much need for shelter since it was a pretty cool night). The whole place was dimly lit and from where I sat, I could see the beach. Once again, a tranquil feeling came over me. Gosh, I really miss the beach at night!

I actually ordered Planter's Punch (a mocktail), but I was forbidden from drinking anything non-alcoholic, so in the end I ordered a Banana Rum, consisting of, erh, banana juice, rum and vodka, with a slice of banana on the edge of the cocktail glass. Luckily the whole thing tasted more banana than rum, so I did not feel that high after that.

The waiters were really enthusiastic. My friend and I were just having an intense conversation, when the waiters all took turns interrupting us, asking if we wanted another drink. When this went on a few times, one of the waitress (a cute young girl) apologised to us sheepishly for disturbing us.

Still, it is a nice place. What better way to be right by the beach and able to enjoy the moonlight and the stars, and drink to your heart's content? It is almost like the best of both worlds!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...