Lilypie

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Inattentive Or Just Short-Term Memory?

I was having dinner with someone on Sunday, and he seemed to have a short-term memory or something, because I had to repeat myself several times! For instance, we were sharing our education background, and I told him where I graduated from and which course I attended.

A while later, he asked me, "So which schools did you go to?" Erh... Did I not just tell him a while ago? Then, we were sharing our religion background, and I told him specifically that I have been attending church services for quite a long time before finally getting baptised, and I just got baptised a couple of years ago. We were talking about how religion has affected us, when he said, "So when did you get baptised?" In my heart, I was thinking, "Did I not just said that?"

Needless to say, I wondered if he was even listening to what I was saying! Or maybe he did not register. Or he just could not bother to remember. Of course, I do not expect him to remember everything I say, but well, is it really possible to have a memory lapse after just a few minutes? If he asked me today after a few days, it is still possible, but just a few minutes later? It makes me feel as if he was probably not even paying attention at all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...