Lilypie

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Beware Of Octopus On The Train

It could have been a good day yesterday. I managed to bump into an old friend, and met up with another friend for dinner who bought me some food products from Bangkok. Slurp! So just when I thought I would finally be in a good mood after some work troubles beginning of the week, along came a spider and made my journey home unbearable!

Stupid jerk on the train was so touchy feely that I had to move twice! And it was not as if the train was that crowded! The first time I felt his arm on my waist, I turned around and all I had was a stare. He looked to be a few years older than me. I was not sure if the other passengers saw anything, but in any case I let it go. Granted, it could be an accident, even though it was done rather subtly.

The second time that happened, I moved further left, nearer the door. Guess what? He moved with me! Perhaps it just happened that the train stopped at a station, and there were people who streamed in, so it made sense to move. Granted that. Still, he could move somewhere else right?

The third time it happened, I turned around and gave him a glare. He pretended as if nothing was wrong and actually looked bewildered when I glared at him! So when the train stopped at another stop, I took the opportunity to move further left, right by the door. This time round, he did not follow.

Then when the train stopped at another station, he moved towards the door, and I was silently hoping that he would be getting off. But he hovered around the door, letting the other passengers come in, and then moved nearer to me. I was on the verge of screaming but he did not try anything so there was nothing I could do too.

Then it happened. He was trying to hold on to the railing, tripped, leaned forward towards me and with a swipe of his hand, he brushed it against my waist. He did it so subtly that no one noticed! I was seething with rage, and if only I was not in my executive skirt, I could have kicked him then and there!

Luckily I was alighting at the next stop so I quickly got off the train the moment the doors opened! I started walking so fast back home, all the while not daring to look back in case I was being followed or something. When I finally reached home, I breathed a sigh of relief!

The things we girls put up with on public transport! And the things those guys can get away with! Worst thing was that I could not even lodge a complaint because all he could have said was it was an accident, because on the surface of it, it really looked like an accident! But I know it is no accident as it was pretty obvious what he was trying to do! Think there should be security cameras all around to catch people like these, so they can never get away with trying to take advantage of anyone ever again!

2 comments:

kss said...

Hi thre,

You are lucky as you not in Malaysia, those days in KL we had mini bus. Almost or most women got the same experience as you.

Thank god, today these busses are no longer around. What you could do is next time is just ask him loudly " Hei mister are you alright today ?

regards
kris
kssmmg@yahoo.com

juphelia said...

Yes I think I'm lucky. I heard in Japan it is much worse. Nevertheless, thanks for the advise, perhaps if this ever happens again I will do just that.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...