Lilypie

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Of Yakitori And Sake

A friend and I went to this yakitori place for dinner last night. The place is posh indeed! No wonder the website states the dress code as "Smart Elegant". I was racking my brains wondering what "Smart Elegant" means, because it is different from smart casual. In the end, I figured as long as it is not denim or slippers, a bit dressier should suffice.

Thus I ended up with a black toga dress, draped with a lime green pashmina. The restaurant is a small place, with just four tables, and about fifteen or so counter seats. It does not seat that many. Thank goodness I managed to get reservations! But then the place was not really fully packed as well. And it seems like I happened to be the dressiest. Oh well....

We ordered the chicken skewers consisting of breast meat, gizzards, pork bellies, sirloin, squid, asparagus, hot and spicy ramen (still cannot be compared to the one I took in Sapporo, although the chef did a pretty good job), and fillets. With beer for him and sake for me.

Since there was still time after dinner, we decided to order dessert, so I tried Sakura ice-cream (cherry blosson ice cream, although it was tasteless) and he tried black sesame ice-cream (that is really black sesame). Overall a nice and cosy place, with good ambience and fine dining!

However, I got a bit high after the sake (the sake comes in a traditional Japanese wine bottle). Yes, I know I should not have drank it without considering the high alcoholic content, but well, I thought of trying something different for once, with almost dire consequences. I had to close my eyes in the car and breathed in all the fresh air (albeit with smoke and pollution). My poor friend had to "suffer" with me. :-(

At least another lesson learnt - how much alcohol I can really partake! So I have to ensure I do not exceed the intake I can take in!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...