Lilypie

Friday, July 11, 2008

B.O.!

I am convinced the reason perfume or cologne is invented was to make women smell nicer. Not just women, but men. I was out with someone a few days back, and his body odour really put me off! I was trying to be polite and refrain from showing my actual emotions, but I think he sensed I was feeling rather uncomfortable.

I was debating whether should I just be totally mean and rude, and tell him that he smelt as if he had not showered for three days, or just take out my little mini Christian Dior J'adore and sprayed at him, but then I thought he probably did not realise it himself. Perhaps no one told him. So I am in no position to say anything as well, since it was the first time (and probably the last time) we were meeting.

I can still take it if the smell comes from the mouth, ie bad breath. After all, that can be caused by not drinking enough water, or indigestion, or intestinal problem, and can be rectified by brushing one's teeth more often, drinking more water and eating a healthy diet. But body odour? How is that going to be rectified?

Body odour is really a huge turn off. No matter how nice, caring, perfect, gorgeous, kind-hearted someone is, the moment he / she smells, that is it. The end of everything. At times I wonder why this happens? It will be so sad if the person does not even realise it and nobody bothers telling him / her, and because of that, he / she starts to wonder why people keep losing interest.

That is where scents come in. Nowadays, men do wear scents too, especially after shaves, where they can go out smelling nice and sweet. And full of sex appeal! It will be really insolent of me if I just tell him his exact problem, but I do hope and pray that he knows what is going on and does something about it. Otherwise, people will continue being turned off, leaving him bewildered.

Perhaps one may say I am being mean or picky. But imagine if I am to be with someone who smells. Even if I can tolerate it for a while, make him wear perfume or cologne all the time, what happens when we get married? This is the person I am going to sleep with everyday for the rest of my life.

Can I really then turn a blind eye (nose in this case)? I like to sleep in peace, and not be overwhelmed by anything (or any smell)! I cannot expect him to wear perfume or cologne even when he is sleeping, right? Besides, how is anyone going to be even remotely physically intimate with someone who emits a smell?

Some may argue what is a real man if he does not smell? But to me, a real man smells like Calvin Klein Eternity or Clinique Happy. I do not expect him to smell like Chanel Number Five, but at least he does not emit any form of acrid smell even if he does not wear any form of scent. And that is the real scent of a man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...