Lilypie

Friday, April 21, 2006

Anger Management

My favourite Indonesian eating place, Ayam Penyet a.k.a. The Depressed Chicken (or Smashed Chicken), just opened a branch near my area. Now I have more options for eating out. Goody! Wonder if my friend was drooling when I told him that? ;-p

Anyway, I was going out for dinner with my parents when we passed by the place, so I was surprised and happy that there is a branch near my place. We went to a Chinese restaurant as my dad misses his fish head dish.

There is this Chinese scroll hanging on the wall of the restaurant. I find it really meaningful, as it is on anger management and control. It is all in Chinese, so the one that is reproduced here is a translated version, but I try as much as possible to retain the original meaning.

Be Not Angry

Life is a movie
Through destiny,
People will meet.

It is hard
to be together
until the hairs are grey

So why not cherish each other?

Flaring at the littlest things,
Looking back,
You realise, "What is this?"

Be calm and serene
When others are angry
Because who will attend to me

If I get sick
from being angry?

Anger hurts your mind
and energy,

Compare not with others
They have their own lives
to lead.

Joy And Suffering
Will come together
But nothing matters
If you have a good partner.

Probably the worst translation and poem in the world! Obviously the original scroll is more beautifully written. But the message is clear - keep your wrath down and take things easy! I must remember that too.

4 comments:

Anonymous_X said...

So you are a mind reader. :>

shakespeareheroine said...

Heh, I try my best. :-p

Ole' Wolvie said...

The Chinese language really can pack a lot of meaning into a few prose.

But the Ayam Penyet here is still only about 50% as tasty as the one in Indonesia... sigh...

shakespeareheroine said...

Really? Would love to go Indonesia and try it one day!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...