Lilypie

Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Passing Of An April Shower ....

It had been a wet wet wet day yesterday. I notice that every Good Friday seems to be cold and wet. Wonder if that is due to the fact that Jesus was crucified and died on the day itself? Alright, I am thinking too much again.

It had been a few very busy days. I met my aunt on Wednesday night for dinner, where she spoke to me on how women are more prone to various illnesses the older they get, so urge me to start keeping myself young and healthy.

I went for Maundy Thursday mass, then he asked me out for a midnight show. We went to the newly-opened Cathay (lots of good memories I had there), where we watched "The Producers" (better than I expected), and since we did not wish to go home, went for another show "Firewall" (Harrison Ford has aged, not as charming as before) after that.

I went for the Good Friday service, complete with the Stations Of The Cross, after which there was the rehearsal for the baptism, where we were being briefed on where to stand and what to do.

I noticed a few changes from other churches, namely during the genuflection or bowing before the crucifix, one is not allowed to go up and kiss the feet of Jesus. At least the church I attended did not allow it. But in other churches, either the priest insisted that everyone must go up and kiss the feet of Jesus or the congregation was given a choice whether they wanted to kiss the cross.

Furthermore, during the Stations Of The Cross, the congregation had a choice whether they would like to stand throughout or sit down throughout the service, whereas in other churches, the congregation had to kneel down while the Stations were being said, then stand up after that. So there was a lot of kneeling and standing.

I wonder if it is a significant difference? What is the right way anyway? Does it matter if you kneel or stand or sit? And does it matter if you kiss the feet of Jesus or not?

It was raining so heavily by the time I got home that I had to call my dad to pick me up from the train station. Since it was such a cold and wet day, I decided to sleep in, and sleeping in was what I did. I spent the rest of the day napping.

I am finally getting baptized today! At last, I can experience the Holy Communion, and be a true child of God! After so many years, it is finally the day where I can be "reborn" as a new person!

Have a great Easter, everyone!

3 comments:

LeeCooper said...

Congratulation!!

Richard said...

Ha ha, had I read your next entry I would have seen you were getting baptized instead of trying to assume you were.

Remember that a faith life is not one of foloowing rules, but of seeking truth.

The rules exist to give us safe boundries (like the railing on stairs ror balconies). The are not meant to limit us, but to be protective guides and boundaries which allow us to enjoy life to its fullest.

Today you are reborn, cleansed of all sin. May you have a wonderful life ahead.

God bless you!

shakespeareheroine said...

Thank you everyone! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...