Lilypie

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Minor Irritations At The Beginning Of The Day

It was one eventful Saturday morning. Luckily the rest of the day went by without a hitch. I was so afraid that it would be a bad day yesterday since the day started off on a bad slate, and everything could have just gone downhill from there.

I needed to go back to work due to some urgent matters. I was not feeling too happy about it, since it is a long weekend due to the May Day holiday, plus the fact that I have already worked late on Friday night. But what to do, things needed to be done.

However, I overslept and missed the company transport. When I woke up, I sort of had a feeling it might not be a good day considering I messed up first thing in the morning. I decided to wear a toga top and Lawman jeans, but when I tried on the jeans, I found that I could not fit into them anymore!

That pair of jeans is only two years old! I have to shop for a new pair of Lawman jeans soon. So I tried on a denim skirt, also two years old, and found that I could not fit into it as well! Gosh, have I really increased by that much!

Luckily I found another denim skirt which I bought from Topshop a few years back and managed to fit into it. I grabbed a denim jacket and ran out to hail a cab. The jacket also seemed a bit tight on me. Goodness, I will be in real trouble if my clothes are all getting too tight and I go up another size each time I shop!

When I got the cab, the driver had no idea where my workplace is, so I had to direct him there. When we reached my office, I realised I was a little short on cash, thus had to pay by card. He told me that his card machine was spoilt, when I clearly saw that it was working properly!

I gave him my card and asked him to give it a try. I saw him giving a half-hearted attempt at swiping my card, without even activating the machine. Then he claimed that it was indeed spoilt, and asked if there was an ATM nearby.

I told him that we are on the other end of the island, a full industrial area where only factories exist, and miles away from civilisation, so there would not be an ATM anywhere nearby.

He then asked if I could call and asked my colleague to come down and pay for me, to which I told him that it is a Saturday before the long weekend, nobody in the right mind (except for unlucky souls like me) would come to work.

Finally, I asked if I could try his card machine to see if it was indeed spoilt. He then said that the company policy was not to allow anyone else to touch the machine. Who said so?! There have been other drivers who allowed me to fiddle around with the machine and operate it myself before!

He then gave the excuse that the machine was stuck to the slot. That is so not true! There have been other drivers who tool out the machine from the slot before, for ease of swiping the card.

So I told him I could go in front, and went to the front seat, fiddled around with the machine and managed to get my card swiped and paid for the ride. After that, the driver just kept his mouth shut and printed out the receipt for me.

When I reached my office, I realised that my makeup was smudged, probably due to being in a hurry earlier on. And since I needed to use the restroom anyway, I brought my makeup kit in to touch up.

The cleaner was cleaning the restroom. There is no rule saying that we cannot use the restroom when the cleaners are in there. Besides, I had no idea she was in there until I went in. So I used the restroom and then stayed at the mirror to touch up my makeup.

The cleaning lady then scolded me, saying that I was holding her up as she needed to clean the basin. In the first place, I did not know she had not cleaned the basin; and in the second place, she could have just told me to wait first if she needed to clean.

She started screaming at me, saying that why could I not have waited till she was done before going in? How would I know when she would be done, or that she happened to need to clean the restroom at that point in time?

When I went out, I heard her complaining to the other office cleaner on how I held her up from her work due to my vanity. She accused me of being inconsiderate and stuck-up. I am not the only one who uses the restroom to touch up, all girls do that! It just so happens that I needed to go in there when she was in there!

Besides, she is just a cleaner. Okay, I know now I sound really arrogant, but what right has she, or anyone for that matter, to throw me out of the restroom? She can always tell me politely, instead of screaming at me. Does she know I am actually in a position to get her fired if I want to?

But anyway, these are just minor matters, a passing irritation. Thank goodness the rest of the day went by smoothly, with no further incidents, especially since I spent another wonderful day with my one and only!

On a side note, I finally got confirmed during Mass today. So now I am considered confirmed in my faith, and nothing can ever waiver what I believe in anymore!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...